Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ciao ciao ciao

Wow...here it is! It is my last working day in Utah. I was seriously beginning to think that this day would never come. But here it is! In a few short hours I'll be on my way to Disneyland. I'm really proud of my family...they are doing something very spontaneous. About 3 weeks ago we were having a nice Sunday dinner at my parent's home. Usually Sunday dinners consist of political debates which have been known to send me home feeling somewhat irate, but this particular Sunday there were no such instances. They were discussing a vacation that they wanted to take in March to Disneyland, I knew that I wouldn't be able to go in March and threw out the idea of going in September. By some miracle I was able to talk them in to going on a semi-last minute trip! So today we leave for Disneyland! When I come back I sign the closing papers on my condo...and I'm freeee!

It seems crazy to think that I've owned my place for over two years now....its even crazier to think that soon I will not be paying a mortgage. Its a nice feeling actually-I've been stressed financially beyond belief. Its funny though how life always finds a way of working itself out. I can't even count how many times I was stressed about paying all of my bills...and yet somehow it always worked out.

I'm really going to miss my co-workers, they have been so much fun! I've really enjoyed the people I've met and the connections I've made. There are so many fun memories but I know its time to move on. I've worked in the hotel industry most of my adult life and it is definitely time for me to go in a different direction!

1 comment:

SB said...

I'm so happy for you! You've been so incredibly patient and it's finally paying off!