Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there...

Today is September 11th. This day brings many emotions for me. I will never forget that day seven years ago. Although looking back it was pretty normal. I was in Utah. I didn't look out my window and see pieces of the twin towers falling. I didn't lose someone I loved on that day, but I was affected. On that day I decided that I would become a diplomat. I saw that there were so many problems in the world and I wanted to try and help.

Today all I kept thinking was about that day 7 years ago. When the towers fell I didn't regret the pair of shoes I'd been drooling over...I didn't wish for more time with that cute guy I'd crushed on. All I wanted was to be with the people that I loved. And today my only thought was very similar. I longed to be with the people I love, especially one in particular that has serves our country every day. But the main thing on my mind today is that on September 11th is that we are all Americans. On this day we are not democrats or republicans...we are not white or black...we are simply Americans. And that I think is beautiful.

No comments: