Friday, December 21, 2007

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Well a huge snow storm hit last night. I suppose that skiers and snowboarders were rejoicing, but I wasn't. As I could barely see the road and was forced to drive at 10 mph, I was contemplating the season. I am so not in the mood for Christmas. It doesn't feel like it should be here yet. I'm not happy enough, I'm not in the "giving" mood, I don't feel like its time for the year to be over.

Every day we are trying to prove ourselves. We try and prove that we are smart, funny, lovable, fun to be with and talented. It sometimes seems like an uphill battle. Yesterday I was informed by a co-worker that she and another co-worker had not been too fond of me. Yet...when they gave me a chance realized that I was pretty cool. Now this actually kind of pissed me off. I don't really know why I care that people don't like me...not everyone does. I guess I just don't feel like I'm that bad of a person that people would actually put an effort in to not liking me. But...John reminded me that when I become a diplomat, people won't like me. I'll be going in to situations where both sides will hate me in the beginning, but I have the charm and strength to win over almost any critic.

Wise words from this man of mine! :) I also just started reading The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it! I'm only on p. 72, yet I feel better already. One quote keeps being said in the book that is ringing true with me. "When you want something, all the universe conspires to help you achieve it". I have had a goal of becoming a diplomat for years now. Along the way I have tried to go down a different path that seemed more known...easier. But I've never felt like I had found my "personal legend". In all of the trials I have faced I have found that in the end I am pointed back towards my dream. I want nothing more than to become a diplomat. My head is often in the clouds, dreaming these big dreams. But I know that I can achieve this. I have no doubt in my mind that I will get whatever I want out of life. We all can.

1 comment:

D and C said...

You are so right Jess. You continually teach me that. I LOVE YOU and I am here to support, love and PUSH you to finish your dreams!!!! YOU HAVE AMAZING talents and gifts that will pave the road to your ultimate success. WE LOV EYOU!!!