Monday, December 31, 2007

Upward and Onward....

So here it is...another new year. I'm sure most people are posting new years resolutions and thoughts on a fresh start. But one thing is puzzling me...do we continuously fuck up in our lives....just because we know we will always have a new year? Or would we fuck up no matter what? Are we waiting for that new year to start that brand new diet and exercise regiment? My point is....why do we wait?

For those close to me....you know that this past year has not been one of my best. In fact, in many ways it has been one of the worst. Yet I have grown so much, and proven to myself just how strong I am. But I'd be lying if I didn't say that I am a bit tired of picking myself up off the ground, only to be back there a few weeks later. So my "new year's resolution" is to trust myself. I want to be able to keep moving forward, keep growing and to stop being so dumb. Most of the time I've made mistakes that I regret...I didn't listen to my gut feeling. That whole fiasco with the biggest jerk I've ever "dated" all came from me not listening to this gut feeling that he was a complete asshole. Getting fired from my job came after that gut feeling that told me I should leave but didn't listen.

So here we are....another year older and a new one about to begin....let's hope its a good one without any fear.

No comments: