Monday, October 27, 2008

What a great weekend! made possible by NYC




I had such a great weekend! On Friday night I went in to the city with Emily and Danielle to a fundraiser for Project Whitehouse. Our friend Melissa works for the project and they were having a fundraiser to raise money in order to train women to take on leadership roles, specifically in the government. The function was at Marquis which is right next to Glass (Nicole always used to tell me to go to Glass, but I never made it there before. Now I know where it is! ). There was some free drinks and some free drama. All in all it was a fun night. I have to remember though that alcohol is a little bit stronger here than I'm used too...haha I seem to remember singing "I got 99 problems but a bitch aint one" really loudly. 

Saturday was even more fun! Em and I got up early (despite my massive hang over) and went in to the city with her mom, MJ. They were going to see Wicked and I was going to go to The Met. Well MJ has a friend who is in Wicked and he invited all three of us on a backstage tour. It was so much fun! I thought of Heidi the whole time because I know that she would have enjoyed it as much as I did. We met the whole cast and all the dressers and stage crew. It was so fun to see the behind the scenes. It made me miss my theatre days a little. So after seeing all of that...there was no way that I could leave and go to the Met! So after we found a little man who was able to "hustle" me up a ticket...I was able to see the show. It was AWESOME! I laughed, I cried...it was great. Probably one of my favorite shows. 

Sunday night was also great! As most of you know....I love Sleepy Hollow. I am obsessed with Hudson Valley. I don't know why but it is so magical to me. There is just something about it. I convinced John in to taking me to this Legend of Sleepy Hollow thing they have. When we got there we had to walk down this dimly lit path in to the Legend Festival. It was surrounded by trees and a little pond. When we got to the beginning there was a man dressed in clothing from 1600's. He was telling the story of Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman. It was so fun to listen to the story by this big bonfire. After the story we turned the corner and were met by none other than the Headless Horseman! It was sooooo cool. I love this kinda shit. haha Then we walked the rest of the grounds and saw haunted trees and ghost puppets. It was such a good time. I can't wait to go back next year and see even more. 

After we got back to my house John kissed me. On the way to Sleepy Hollow he grabbed my hand in the car and I had to fight back my tears. I know why I cried... and I know why it just didn't seem right that he was kissing me, but I didn't stop him. I don't know if it will feel right to have anyone else kiss me for a while. 

I had a great weekend... but now here I am on a Monday morning trying to make sense of it all. 

4 comments:

D and C said...

SERIOUSLY you didn't even CALL me!! That is a FANTASTIC weekend. I am SO jealous! I want to see wicked so bad! I am glad you are in your element Jess. And,....all I can say about Johnny is...I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!
I love you!
I am here...EVen when I dont seem to be!
D

SB said...

I. am. so. jealous.
Enough said.
(but you deserve it)

doug said...

Holy moley that Sleepy Hollow thing sounds like so much fun!!!!!

Just Nicole said...

Maybe now that you know where it is, next time Jason and I come to the city we can all go there (or at least look at the people in the bathrooms!)