Saturday, April 26, 2008

marvelous!

So today I was able to meet up with some old friends for lunch. It was so nice to catch up with everyone. It got me thinking about all of the wonderful people that I have been able to meet in my life.

Lets face it, my life so far has been a lot of fun, and very different than I ever thought it would be. In fact, I grew up with the notion that I would be a good little Mormon girl and marry some great returned missionary who baptized thousands, and we would live happily ever after while I was baking casseroles for the relief society sisters and he was home teacher of the year. (p.s. I am in no way bashing this life style, it works great for some people, just not great for me)

My, my, my....what a different path I've gone down. I still find it funny to think that by my age my mother had 3 children! I have a hard enough time balancing my time between my dog and my jobs. Maybe someday I'll be ready for kids, but for now I'm really doing just fine dealing with what I've got. I'll be honest, I'm sure glad I didn't marry that returned missionary who baptized thousands of people. There are many reasons, but the main one is...well he never existed for me. I dated a few "Mormon" guys and we never clicked. I suppose there is just something about me that makes me and the "Mormon boys" incompatible. I think that my parents have come to terms with it...but we'll see how they deal with the bombshell that I may be dropping on them.

Anyway, I sure am glad I was able to meet the wonderful people that I worked with at Real...but I don't really miss working there. Not one bit! I'm off to bed now cause I have to clean my house beyond recognition and get it ready for someone to buy it tomorrow!

No comments: