Friday, April 18, 2008

a few observations

So I went shopping the other day to buy something to wear to work. Its sometimes frustrating because I don't really have a ton of money right now...but I need nice things to wear to work. So as I was shopping I noticed a funny trend in the "women" sizes. All of the brands were called like Goddess or something like that. I actually laughed out loud in the store because I thought about how bigger women are always trying to call themselves voluptuous and goddess like....which I think is fine for them...but as I'm shopping for a bigger size than I would like to wear, I don't feel like a goddess-I just feel fat. No name on the clothing I purchase will make me feel better about my size...so I quickly ran out of the store and did a work out video at home.

Today I took Abbey to this gorgeous park for a nice walk. As we walked through the park Abbey continually felt the need to sniff and relieve herself. As the walk grew to an end...I noticed she was running out of pee. haha She had left her scent on so many places in the park already that she could barely leave one more. It got me to thinking how funny it would be if humans went around leaving their scent everywhere. I'm not really sure why dogs do this...but I think it has something to do with territory and leaving their mark for dogs of the opposite sex. I laughed as I thought how funny it would be if every time I saw a cute guy I would pee to get his attention. I wonder if it would work. I seriously doubt it, so I won't be trying it anytime soon.

Its so nice out today, I'd really like to have a "sick day", but as it turns out I can't really afford a sick day...and I do have tomorrow off! Hallelujah.

1 comment:

D and C said...

I LOVE YOU!! Its as simple as that. You are the best and I am so blessed to have you as my BFF!!!!! I promise when this madness is over, you are the FIRST I will cal and catch up with! OH HOW I LOVE YOU!