Tuesday, August 19, 2008

it don't matter if you're black or white....or does it?

I was raised to think it didn't matter. My parents always taught me to love everyone. So it made me a little sad that my recent news got a bad reaction from my parents. Just a little background...I am very private. Private when it comes to my dating life and my parents. I learned at an early age how critical they could be of those I was dating...so I basically had a rule that until I knew how I felt about someone...I wasn't going to tell my parents about him. So fast forward....met someone great. Decided to tell my parents about him.

Well lets just say that he isn't exactly the race or religion that they would like him to be. It was a huge fiasco...until I played one of his voice mails for my parents. After listening to Reggie sing me like 6 Christmas songs...they completely understood why I like him. He's a dork...just like me. I sure don't know what will happen with this relationship...but I'm really enjoying it. No one has made me happier. He is kind, he appreciates me and he understands me.

I just wish that for once my parents would be happy that I'm happy. They have moved past the race thing...sorta....but they have other issues with him...and with me for that matter. Oh well. I am happy and aint nothin gonna get me down.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

BE HAPPY. If you die tomorrow at least you will know you were loved by someone great. Thats more then a lot of people can say.