Monday, March 31, 2008

Bada Bing!

There is something in the air today....maybe its the sun...but I am feeling a little better than yesterday. I think I'm going to contribute it to BASEBALL! The Mets have their first game. After aquiring Santana in the off season...they have a solid team. He's really all we needed to make the team unstoppable. I'm kind of bummed that I won't be able to watch their first game...but very soon (I hope) I'll be able to go to a game in person! In some ways I think I'm so anxious to move back east so I can enjoy the Mets in their last year at Shea stadium. There has always been some sort of magic about Shea....so it will be great to watch their last season in it. I know for certain that I'm anxious to get out of here. Please someone buy my condo. Its cute....and affordable. PLEASE!

Also I decided that I'm going to walk in my graduation. Hey-it took me a long time to get this bachelor's degree....and I think I deserve to be ackowledged for it! haha At first I was feeling a little nervous about graduation because of what happened on the day of my highschool graduation...but I think this year everything is under control. (For those of you that don't know what happened on the day of high school graduation....my grandma had a stroke and died a few days later). It took me ten years to get my bachelors...and in two I'll have my masters! It has been a long ride. I've been through so many things personally, physically, mentally, financially, and I've changed my major a million times. I've studied at four different universities, five if you include the one in Italy. I started out as a theater major....and I am graduating as an International Studies major. Its kind of insane. :) My goals have changed along the way....but I feel like I'm very settled in my decision now. I have learned more about myself than most people learn on their path to obtain their bachelors, most likely because its taken me so long.

I do have to give a shout out to John. I really don't think this day would be here yet if it wasn't for him. He kept pushing me to get my degree. He is helping me to finish all of my started projects. He's such an important person in my life. I wish he could be at my graduation....but he will be there when I get my masters-so that will be ok.

3 comments:

D and C said...

I love you so much. Thank you for your post. You are amazing and I am so blessed to have you in my life. I LOVE YOU JESS. You are going places, and I can't wait to see all the things in your life unfold, and I will be there at the end of every road you take!
LOVE YOU!

Just Nicole said...

Although I don't care for the Mets, It does warm my heart to hear you talk about baseball!

Kali said...

I think I still have the infamous Mets napkin somewhere...